Friday, July 25, 2008

Nap Time

Ok...I need help! In the past 2-3 weeks, I have been having a hard time getting Indianna to take a nap. I know she's tired, but when I lay her down, she just talks to herself for like an hour. Then when she doesn't nap, she gets tired at 5:00. We tried to keep her awake until at least 7:00 on those days. Any suggestions or help? Nap times are really important in this house, because that is when I get a lot of my work done. For those that don't know, I work from home. I usually work during her nap and then later at night when she's in bed. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Holly said...

I have no suggestions for the nap thing. Kiana has done that a few times, but if I leave her in there long enough she eventually does go to sleep. But she does not sleep for as long. Good Luck with that. She still needs quiet time.
I am now going to leave a memory for you. I remember that I didn't really know you until all the baby showers that all happened at the same time, and we discovered that we were due about the same time. I wish that I had not waited so long.

Becki said...

Have you tried bumping nap time a little later? Parker isn't getting tired as early nowadays so I bumped nap time about an hour and now he just talks to himself for a little bit and then falls asleep. Good luck though! Nap time is so important! Especially since that is when you work. Are you starting to feel a little more ready for Maylynn?

Steenbliks said...

So sorry!! Is she sleeping in in the morning? Maybe try getting her up early ( if you can handle it:)) and with any luck she'll be pooped out around nap time. Good Luck!

Brad and Karlie Lundell said...

Thanks for the comments. Very helpful. I seriously don't know what's up with Indie, but I think (THINK) I might have figured it out. I was trying to push her nap time back later, like Becki suggested, but that didn't work. We tried moving her bedtime to later to see if that would help make her more tired during the day, but that didn't work. So, right now, the only thing that has worked is to put her nap time earlier. CRAZY huh? If I can get her down between 12:00 and 12:30 then she actually sleeps. Thanks again for the help. I'll let you know if the new plan works.