Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another appointment

Yesterday I had another appointment with Machel. She asked how things were going and did an ultrasound. Once again, she said, "This is a BIG baby!!!" I reminded her that I went 4 weeks early with Indianna and she said that she would for sure check me in two weeks. I figured two weeks isn't that far away, so I didn't say anything about the contractions I've been having or the fact that I think I am thinning. Machel measured the baby and any guesses how much baby Maylin gained after 4 weeks? This blows my mind. Maylin was 2 lbs 8 oz last time (4 weeks ago). This time she is measuring at 5 lbs. 1 oz. She gained 2 lbs 9 oz in 4 weeks. WOW!! Again at the end of the appointment Machel told me to come back in two weeks. So, we go out to make our appointment and the girl says that Machel is booked. So, she calls Machel and asks where she wants to put me. Machel asks the girl, "how far along is she?" It blows my mind that Machel forgot that fast. I think it had been 2 minutes. Needless to say, they moved me back to 3 weeks. So, the next time I see her will be at 35 weeks. Hopefully, baby Maylin doesn't come too early. On the way home, Brad and I were curious as too how early I was measuring. On the ultrasound it says, Aug 30th. So, I am measuring 12 days early. Next time it'll probably be 3 weeks, just like Indianna. Ok...for those of you that want to guess when I'll have Maylin, I'm keeping track. Here is what I have so far.

Papa Cook: Aug 7th
Riley: Aug 15th
Melise: Aug 15th
My guess: Aug 23rd
Grandma Dow: Aug 25th
McKenzie: Aug 27th
Janessa: Aug 28th
Julie: Aug 28th
Mama Cook: Aug 29th
Becki: Aug 30th
Brad: Sept 2nd
Holly: Sept 4th
Tyler: Sept 5th

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad that you keep us updated. I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone (for me).
My guess is August 28th.

Holly said...

I am guessing Sept. 4th. It is a good day for us, it is our anniversary. Good Luck!

Tyler said...

Machel cracks me up sometimes. She has so many patients with upcoming babies that she can't even remember them the second they step out of her office.

I will say one thing in her defense, however: She takes care of business when its "go time." You know what I mean? She was great with McKenzie. Hopefully she doesn't have any vacation plans near Maylin's due date!

My guess: September 5th, 2008

Becki said...

Ok so a few weeks ago i guessed August 30th and I think I will stick with that! That is crazy though that you will have your new baby girl so soon! You totally should have told her you have been having contractions and stuff! How exciting though!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Karlie I can't believe you are so far along already!! You and McKenzie must microwave those little ones to make them come early. :) We look forward to seeing your cute family on Sunday.

Julie said...

I am guessing August 28th, too! Are you ready? Is Indie all moved into a big girl bed? How is the potty training going? Be sure to spend the next few weeks stocking up on sleep!

Unknown said...

Hi Brad and karlie Good luck with the baby and all. I am loving finding all my nieces and nephews blogs.

Brad and Karlie Lundell said...

Hi Nicky

What's your email? Do you have a blog? I'm thinking of starting a family blog, so please email me any family blogs or email addresses.