Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Independence Day

I have a deep appreciation for the freedom we enjoy here in America. What a great land we live in! We are so blessed to have the freedom's that we enjoy. After serving my mission in Germany and seeing what communist rule has done to a wonderful people, I can honestly say, "I love America!" Thank you to all those that have sacrificed their lives, time, and family so that we can enjoy all those blessings that we enjoy. We really appreciate you and are forever grateful.

We had a great fourth of July. We first did the Riverdale city walk. Well...Indie and I. It was a 5k and I have to say, I was kind of sore later. But, that didn't seem like enough excitement for the day. We ate breakfast in the park and Indie enjoyed playing on the playground near by with lots of attention from family. Later we went to Whitesides and played in the pool. Indie LOVES swimming. After swimming, we went to my parents house to have a bar-b-que and we watched fireworks. It was a day full of fun and energy. Below are the pictures that show the day. Thanks to McKenzie and Tyler for bringing their camera. AND thanks to McKenzie for walking with her slow sister the whole walk!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What darling pics of your little Independent Beauty! :)

Tyler said...

It is hard to find anyone as truley patriotic as you are Karlie. We are very lucky for the nation we were born into.

Indie is adorable as always. Congratulations on completing the 5K walk! I love the traditional Riverdale activities every 4th of July!

Becki said...

It looks like you guys know how to celebrate! Indianna looks darling in her 4th of July outfit. I love the pictures of her on the slide! Lets get together soon. Is this heat killing you??