Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We might have decided on a name

Ok. As most of you know, Brad and I have really struggled thinking of a name for our second daughter. We really liked the name, Melise, but it still just didn't feel quite right. It was actually amazing when I finally came up with a name that felt right. It was Wednesday night, Brad was asleep and I was up working late. I decided to take a shower and that's when it came! It's amazing the places you receive inspiration. I was so excited, I could hardly wait to tell Brad. But, I didn't want to wake him. This name kept me up all night. I just kept thinking about it and was just SOOOOOOO excited to finally feel good about a name. What's the name you ask? Well, Brad and I wanted to name this daughter after Brad's side of the family, since Indie totally after my side. (Grandma Indra and my brother Riley). I came up with a name that I like and we can say that she is named after Brad's mom, Marilyn. We just aren't sure how to spell it. Brad likes it with "lyn" on the end, but I think we could spell it however and still say it's after mama Lundell. So I need help with spellings. Post your favorite way to spell it. There is a peak in Ogden named "Malan's Peak". Brad doesn't like that spelling. So here are just a couple of ideas. Maylynn, Maelynn, Malyn, Maylin, Maelin, Malin. Any other spellings are welcomed. We would call her Maley for short or as a nickname. We are also still trying to find a middle name to go with Maylin, but we really want a simple family name to go with it or at least something that has meaning.

5 comments:

Kenzie said...

I like it spelled "Maelynn" I think that is the cutest way for sure! I also think McKenzie or Kenzie would be a good middle name ;) just kidding. I do like Maelynn Marie Lundell, it is cute!

Becki said...

I love the name! I also liked it spelled Maelynn. Do you remember May-Lin that used to work with us? I always liked that name. I love that you search for name that means something!

Holly said...

I too like it spelled Maelynn. I have no suggestions for a middle name however.

Tyler said...

Well, I know this is repetitive, but I like Maelynn as well. Brooklyn and Maelynn. Kind of cute huh?

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Maelynn. I think it's perfect. That way it still is a nice tribute to Brads mom. And we all know that I am all about names that have meaning.
I know you liked Jessie for a boy but you could use it for a middle name for a girl too.