Monday, June 30, 2008

Potty Training

So, Indie and I have decided to give potty training another try. Indianna is doing very well and I am so proud of her. She is getting to the point where she tells me when she needs to go. (She doesn't actually say potty yet, but she pulls at her diaper and whines) So, she has done fairly well. The only problem...I spend probably a quarter of my day in the bathroom reading books on the hard floor, while she takes her sweet time to go potty. At first, I thought the only reason she wanted to go potty was so she could read books. BUT, when I make her get off after only reading one or two books, then she goes in her diaper and gets mad at me for making her get off the potty. So, we are to the point, where she spends about 20 minutes on the potty before she goes. I'm hoping that with time, this time will decrease, because 10 times a day for 20 minutes, can really add up fast. This morning, I got tired of the floor after 30 minutes. Indie had gone 3 times already, but hadn't done her big job. I rushed her off the potty and after about five minutes of playing she came to me, with a disgusted look on her face, and said "oh oh!" Poor girl was SOOOOOO disappointed that she had gone in her pants. I felt bad, but I just couldn't spend any more time on that hard floor. I of course assured her that she was a good big girl and that we will make it to the potty next time. So, that is where we are at with potty training. I have to say, it is very nice, not to change too many dirty diapers. I've probably only had to change about 3 poopy diapers this past week and I think that is pretty good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so good. Way to go.

Kenzie said...

Good Job Indy!! Keep up the good work.. Karlie, you keep up the good work of sitting on the floor and reading the books. It is all paying off! Hope your back is feeling better.

Julie said...

Hi, Karlie! You wanna come and do my girls, too? :D I need to learn from your patient example... poor preggy girl sitting on the bathroom floor. Maybe you could sit on one of those Boppy pillows for some support?