Thursday, May 15, 2008

Talked me into it

Ok. I have friends and family doing blogs and they have all encouraged me to do a blog. I always tell them that I don't have time. But, after these past few weeks, I've had a lot of thoughts and feelings so why not write them down. First things first, I'm not sure how often I will update this or even if this will be the blog I always write in. The true thing that talked me into blogging was of course, genealogy.

In the past couple of weeks, we have had two deaths in the family. Our 6 month old nephew Corbin passed away on the 1st of May and Brad's grandfather passed away on the 4th. We attended grandpa Brimhall's funeral this past weekend. As we were sitting there for the viewing, I challenged Brad and a couple of his cousins to name all of their cousins. Needless to say, they couldn't do so. Brad's grandparent's (the Brimhall's) have 9 children and I think it was 44 grandchildren and I'm sure lots and lots of great grandchildren. The Brimhall family tries to get together at least once a year, but with families living in different states, we rarely see some of the Brimhall cousins. I suggested at the viewing that someone in the family start a Brimhall family blog where everyone can post all of their information. Nobody was up for it and I don't feel it's my responsibility to do it. But, it did get me thinking about how I should do a blog for my side of the genealogy. I did start a genealogy website through geocities about a year ago, but never really got it going all that well. This might be an easier way to get the family tree started and going.

With that said, as I was creating my very first blog I thought about what I should name it. I figured I will blog on 3 different topics. One, what's going on in the Lundell family (Brad, Me, Indianna, and baby sister). Two, family history or getting the family updates from both my family and Brad's family. And three, to post genealogy. Ok, so in reality this is all family history and genealogy. How exciting!!! AND that's what talked me into doing a blog. Nothing is more exciting than genealogy.

No comments: