Friday, May 16, 2008

Spirit of Elijah

Ok, no surprise on the title, right? Actually, I haven't been doing any genealogy lately and really haven't been in the mood. But, recently the Catholic church has decided not to share their records with members of the LDS church. I don't know if this is for individuals or the church in general. But, it has kind of got me thinking. Have I waited too long to ask for records? One of my lines are from Ireland and they were Catholic. For 66 Euros, I can have them do a search on one name. Do you know how much 66 Euros is?

Second reason I have thought about genealogy lately: a good name for our second daughter. So far, we have come up with basically nothing. I have searched all of my names in my genealogy and thought about doing more genealogy just so I can find a name.

Yesterday, one of my "genealogy email groups" decided to do a roll call. For those of you who don't know what this is, that's when all the people who are in that group send out an email with the surnames they are searching. So, I put out Delahunty and at the last minute, decided to put the name White. I haven't done any research on the White family, but have thought about it. This family was also from Ireland and married into the Delahunty family. What happened? Today I got an email from a guy on the list who has some "letters from 1970" regarding a townland in Ireland that was called the "White Estate." It happens to be very close to where the Whites and Delahunty's lived. So, I emailed the guy back and told him I was interested. Is all this coincidence, or are the White's calling my name? I kind of feeling a tug from the other side or as the gospel teaches, the spirit of Elijah.

1 comment:

Becki said...

Not surprised at all with this post! But I admire you a ton for being so faithful and dedicated to the work! Good luck on the line you are trying to do work on. That's crazy if this last minute roll call opens the White family line.

I don't know too many details about the Catholic Church's new policy either, but it is definitely going to make this work a lot harder. Ugh.