Friday, May 16, 2008

Big Girl

Today Indianna and I went to the park before the weather got too hot. Indianna loved every minute of it. She is starting to get the hang of going up the stairs and going down the slide herself. Luckily, we have a playground near our house that is just for toddlers. So, just her size. As she was playing, she sat and observed another child her age. He was probably a two year old. She followed him everywhere. She finally caught up to him and just sat there and smiled at him. She was trying to communicate. When all of sudden, this little boy grabbed her by the shirt and threw her to the ground. It didn't hurt Indie, but she looked at him like, "why did you do that?" and then she started crying. Poor girl. She is now convinced that all little boys are mean. Another little boy, also two years old, came to the playground and he was so nice and friendly and wanted to play with Indianna. Well, I guess she had learned her lesson. She stayed her distance.

Today, Indie and I are also trying something new on the potty training. My mom tells me that when she potty trained her kids, she just let them run around naked. Well, I think Indie knows when she has to go. Earlier today, before the park, I was talking to my mom on the phone and Indie went over to the diapers, pulled one out, and then went and laid down on her blanket where I usually change her diaper. I figured she wanted her diaper changed, so I changed it and it was barely wet. So, we have decided to try the running around naked. It'll make me and her more aware of when she has to go. How's it going you ask? Well so far in the first hour, we have made 5 trips to the bathroom and one accident on the, luckily, kitchen floor. She is now begging me to put her pants back on. What a big girl for trying though.

2 comments:

Kenzie said...

My little niece is so adorable! :) I still can't believe that little boy pushed her down! I guess her thinking boys are not good is a good thing for you for a while huh :) Love you guys

Becki said...

I can assure you...not ALL little boys are mean! Lol...

Poor Indie though. I know exactly what you mean. Most of the time when other little kids are mean to Parker it hurts his feelings more than it actually hurts him physically. Maybe we need to go to the park together so the two of them can play without getting pushed down.

Good luck on the potty training! i still think you are brave for starting so early! I'll be coming to you for some tips when I am ready to tackle this with Parker. Not for a while still...

Have I mentioned how glad I am you FINALLY started a blog??