Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Going Private

Ok. We are really thinking of going private. I didn't think much of this, until I read the Reid family blog and watched the news video on dangers of blogging. Even after, I thought "well, nobody would ever know where we live." I mean, when we moved into this home, I was working as a social worker. Not a good thing to have your address public. So, I agreed that our phone number could be listed, but not our address. Thinking that was actually true...I checked out whitepages.com and sure enough there is my address. I really doubt anything would ever happen, but better safe than sorry. I just want to protect my girls. I really struggle with this, because I have come in contact with people I haven't heard from in a long time. I wish there was a way to leave the blog open, but make sure that anyone who looked at my blog, needed to login under an email and that I could see who is looking at my blog. I do have the world map at the bottom of my blog, so this kind of helps me see who looks at my blog. I have to admit, there are some places that I don't know who is looking at my blog. I'm sure people do like I do and click on someone elses friends or family blogs. With that said, list your email in the comments and I'll send you an invite.

9 comments:

Holly said...

rowley.dreamsmatter@gmail.com

Ness said...

You can send us an invite too. janessaben at gmail dot com.

It's a difficult decision to know whether or not to go private or not. There are lots of ways to protect ourselves without going private. For one, remove all last names from the blog. People you want to see your blog already know your last name and all others don't need to.
Anyway, one of my friends created a new blog with the old information and then a page stating she was private at the old blog address. That way she could get emails from people who wanted to view her blog.
sorry this is the longest comment ever. Just call me if you have any questions.

Brooke said...

My email address is:
brookiep83@gmail.com

Thanks!

Becki said...

Better safe than sorry :)

Include us...

beckigroves(at)gmail(dot)com

Morris Five said...

morris.lisa.d@principal.com

I wonder that same thing with aaron being a teacher but I would actually have to blog more to go private!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karlie,

you still have my aol email address, don't you? Then I don't need to post it here, in public ;) So, I'd be happy to get an invite from you.

Denise

The Nicholas Family said...

Count us in we are family you know!mamanicholas@gmail.com

Julie said...

I love your new family photo.

Please add us!

boamfamily@gmail.com

Tiff and Trev said...

I would love to stay in touch with my long lost neighbors! It's a hard decision to go privat, I agree...

Our email is:

tntzezula@hotmail.com