Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Potty Training

We are at it again! AND, I think we are back to where we left off. Indianna has gone on the potty twice in the past week and one of the times she told us she had to go. BUT, now she likes to go every 5 minutes. We bought big girl panties over the weekend and yesterday Indie wouldn't put on her diaper. She wanted her big girl panties. I told her that if I put them on her, she HAD to go on the potty. Well, she didn't go in her panties, but she didn't go on the potty either. She ran to the potty every 5 minutes. Finally at nap time, I switched her over to a diaper. Does anyone have any new ideas for me? She loves sitting on the potty and playing with stickers. I switched her over from candy to stickers.

4 comments:

Ness said...

I think that being consistent is the number one thing. But kids will get it when they are ready. I put food coloring in the toilet for Jayben so it would change color when he actually went pee.
Don't punish her for accidents but let her know it's not good. I read a book about having a potty party. But never actually did it. From what I have read, it works.

Becki said...

No tips here! But I will need some from you when we start down that road with Parker. Good luck!

Unknown said...

It gets annoying when they want to go to the toilet every five minutes, but at least she is getting on there. Bree does the same thing and I am glad she will at least sit on the toilet even if she doesn't go. I always try to praise her even if she doesn't go. We have elmo underwear and i tell her she can't pee on him or he will cry. It has been working. She now sits elmo on the potty to go to the bathroom. Just be consistent and it will come with time. I can't wait until she is potty trained!

Kenzie said...

Cute blog Karlie!! I love your family picture