Monday, October 6, 2008

One of the Best Times of the Year

I absolutely love conference. As a kid, we didn't really pay too much attention to the Saturday sessions, but on my mission, my appreciation grew immensely. To hear from the prophet and apostles and be spiritually uplifted, there's nothing better! I have to admit, I have my favorite speakers and they didn't disappoint. My favorites: President Monson, President Uchtdorf, Elder Holland, and President Eyring. Here's a quick summary in case you missed them.

President Monson - Talked about Change and how we should live and be happy with TODAY.

President Uchtdorf - Talked about faith, hope, and charity

Elder Holland - (Probably my favorite talk) Talked about how angels still administer today.

President Eyring - Talked about unity and finding common beliefs and likes with others rather than differences.

I'll attach the talks as soon as they are availabe on a word document.

Also, the women's conference was awesome and my favorite was President Uchtdorf. He talked about what we can do to be happy. Two things - Create and Compassion. http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-37,00.html

2 comments:

Holly said...

You remember more about conference than I do. Although I too truly enjoyed it. One of my favorite speakers is Elder Bednar.

Becki said...

Sounds like you still get to watch and process quite a bit of conference with two little ones in the house :) I loved Eyring's talk too and Uchtdorf's talk at women's conference was incredible.